Addis Ababa, the capital city of Ethiopia, is a major international tourist destination and thus is home to various hotels that are tailor made to suit any budget, from low to lavish.
Low Expense Options
• Filwoha Hotel – located close to the hot springs
• Park Hotel – cheap hotel with modest rooms
• Hawi – situated south of the city center
• Holiday Hotel – located near the Plaza Hotel
• Taitu Hotel, Piazza – Opposite to the head quarters of the National Lottery Authority.
• Fin-Fin Hotel – opposite the aforementioned Filwoha Hotel
• Worku Bikila Hotel – Located around 20 kilo meters south west of the main city of Addis Ababa.
• Wutma Hotel, Piazza – Situated across from the Baro Hotel.
• Abrehams Hotel, Piazza
• Baro Hotel, Piazza – Very decent value for money with a beautiful courtyard, friendly employees and hot water availability.
Mid Range Options
• Axum – Located on Haile Gebresilassie Road.
• Beer Garden Inn – Situated near the airport. This place is known for its menu which specializes in various German delicacies such as grilled chicken, cheese noodles and wheat beer.
• Buffet de la Gare
• Ethio Comfort Guest House – A newly constructed guest house which is modern and has spacious and hygienic rooms which come with balconies. The guest house also offers delicious food.
• Desalegn Hotel
• Tourist – Located near the Trinity Cathedral and the Grand Palace.
• Maskal Flower Hotel
• Bourgainvillier Guest House – This guest house has small rooms but is hygienic and clean.
• Martin’s Cozy Place – Located opposite to the Atlas Hotel, this joint is popular among various businessmen.
• Yilma Hotel – Situated in the ‘Mekanessa’ region of Addis Ababa. The hotel has a very good restaurant as well as cable television services. The staff is also very friendly and the hotel offers room service for no additional charge.
• Damu-Damu Hotel
• The RAS
• Z Guest House – This is a family-run bed and breakfast located in a residential area of the city. It offers well furnished and clean rooms with decent kitchens as well as satellite TV. It is about 12 minutes from the airport.
• Carrera Lodge
• Addis Ababa Hilton – This is a hotel that has most of the facilities that you would come to expect from any international hotel namely money exchange, high speed and wireless internet access, airline agents, etc.
• Faro Hotel – This is a new Euro-style hotel situated a few minutes from the Bole International Airport. The hotel is also located close to the Boston Day Spa, Lime Tree restaurant, Bole Rock Gym and the Friendship Center. The Faro Hotel features include internet access in every room, kitchenettes in all rooms, new bathrooms and toilets as well as extremely comfortable duvets and beds. The hotel also has full facilities for dining and offers a brilliant view of southern Addis Ababa along with the mountains.
• Dimitri Hotel – Situated in the city district of Yeka and its peaceful and quiet surroundings. The hotel was started in 2008 and offers wireless internet and premium satellite TV
• Jupiter International Hotel – New hotel situated in 2 different locations.
• International Hotel – Offers views of Mount Entoto.
• Sheraton Addis – Extremely luxurious hotel which also happens to be the second largest employer in Ethiopia (after the government)
• Panorama Hotel
Addis Ababa thus offers numerous hotel options which should be well suited to any type of budget.